SharkBox headquarters is based in Tampa Florida and as such is no stranger tropical storms and hurricanes that routinely batter the gulf coast. The team here is a huge proponent of education regarding storm safety and planning.
You and your family should have a contacts list that includes phone numbers for the most important local numbers.
- Local fire departments and law enforcement
- Regional Hospitals
- Local Utility Companies
- The Red Cross 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767)
The best way to prepare is to avoid being in a highly dangerous area form the start of the storm.
- Flood Maps are available from FloodSmart.gov portal
- You can also check your risks using FEMA’s Map Portal
Plan and Supplies kit
We feel at SharkBox that the local community should be actively engaged in planning and recovery for such events. Here are a few ways to get involved.
- Emergency communications teams routinely work such disasters to relay messages and simple email when cell phones ind internet structure fails. You can learn to be an amateur radio operator and join these exciting teams.
- Volunteer with your local emergency management team from your city or with the Red Cross.